This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
Djug Django is the Ithaca area's premier ensemble for Gypsy Swing, Jazz Standards, Latin Rhythms, and Blues
4017 Hickok Road, Interlaken, NY
Tasting Room featuring 5 small-batch artisan Finger Lakes ciders, nestled on Good Life Farm.
State Street, Ithaca, NY
CSMA has a few practice / recital rooms available for rent
Private guitar lessons available to children and adults of all levels and styles (rock, folk, jazz, blues and classical).
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.