This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
Poetry mixed with Jam. Their music is a rockin' blues & folky funk with moving & meaningful lyrics.
701 W Buffalo St, Ithaca, NY
The Space @ GreenStar is a 3,400 square-foot gathering space that can accommodate up to 220 people, outfitted with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment and set up for in-house catering by the GreenStar kitchen. It is now available to rent for functions such as wedding receptions, business meetings, musical performances, birthday parties, church gatherings, art fairs, or any event.
Hickey's Music Center
Eastman School of Music, and Ithaca College graduate. Individual lessons available by appointment at Hickey's Music Center. Ph: 607 339-9000
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.