This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
Dee’s lovely voice and imaginative violin solos meet Bob’s airy and exuberant finger style guitar rhythms and vocal harmonies.
Court Street, Cortland, NY
Hand-crafted, award winning artisanal ales and lagers. Rotating fresh taps and live music. Hot dogs, cheese boards and menus from local restaurants.
Tube Amplifier Repair, Custom Built Tube Amplifiers, Amplifier and Instrument Rental & Sales, Live Sound, PA Rental
Jeff Howell began his bass playing career as a teenager in upstate New York. He played in several bands throughout the years, including Foghat, The Outlaws, The Cats, as well as writing and recording his own music.
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- FLX Music 24/7 "is your ONE SOURCE for LIVE MUSIC in the Finger Lakes region."
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.