This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
We play originals and covers in the realms of indie folk, alt.country, and acoustic blues.
State Street, Ithaca NY
The Ithaca Commons is a pedestrian mall at the east end of State Street in downtown Ithaca. Busking is common on The Commons, downtown parks, and public spaces. Keep it low-key and don't bother anyone, or you may be asked to move along.
1607a Trumansburg Rd, Ithaca, NY
With 14,000 square feet of space and upwards of 30 rooms to choose from, possibilities abound; make it the ideal space for your band practice / rehearsal / recording studio.
Opus Ithaca School of Music is a multi-dimensional, non-profit music school committed to providing the Ithaca area with quality music education for all.
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.