This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
A double-bass player who creates "a melting pot of voice, harmonics, low grit, groove, poetry, prayer – not quite pop music, not quite Lieder, not quite folk"
1928 East Shore Dr, Lansing, NY
Pub with live music. Acoustic open-mic nights on Mondays at 7pm.
110 North Cayuga St, Ithaca, NY
Recording Studio Rental, Mixing, Mastering, Voiceover Services, Custom and Stock Music, Location Recording, Analog to Digital Transfer - ANYTHING Audio
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.