This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
Spirit Speaks is a musical collective based in Ithaca NY. We are committed to creating music that tends a Sacred Fire, each song and jam alive and aware of the greater whole. We currently play each New Moon, and on Thursday Nights at Sacred Root Kava Bar and Tea Lounge.
5027 State Route 414, Burdett, NY
A craft brewery and bar (featuring live music) in Hector, NY. Original music only. No cover bands.
I live in Ithaca, New York. I've been working as an independent photographer, videographer, and graphic designer since 2011.
The Ithaca Children and Youth Chorus (ICYC) provides weekly instruction in a supportive environment.
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- FLX Music 24/7 "is your ONE SOURCE for LIVE MUSIC in the Finger Lakes region."
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.