This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
Hejira is a musical/cultural bridge between Middle Eastern & Western music. It's High Energy, World Jazz music w/ethnic threads & open chords
1928 East Shore Dr, Lansing, NY
Pub with live music. Open-mic night on Thurdays at 7pm. Hosted by Benny T. Original music encouraged!
Dewitt Mall, Ithaca, NY
Hand Drums, Percussion, World Music instruments, Hats, Hammocks, Goddesses!
Drumset and percussion lessons in downtown Ithaca, NY, or in his Trumansburg studio.
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.