This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
330 E MLK Jr / State Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
The 3rd Floor Performance Space: a large performance hall / dance studio, suitable for concerts, recitals, dances and theater performances. It will hold up to 200 people.
364 West King Rd. Ithaca, NY
Finger Lakes Guitar Repair specializes in the repair and restoration of guitars and bass guitars.
I teach harp and flute to all levels. I also teach beginning and intermediate piano in my studio in Cayuga Heights.
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.