This website is a catalog of information about local musicians, venues, teachers, shops and services, etc. Why? Because Ithaca is a great city, and there is a lot of great live music in this area.
A soundtrack for the truck stop in anywhere USA. Scorching guitars, broken hearts, crooning vocals, & stories of small town life turned upside down all come together to create an atmosphere that can only be described as all-American Bar-Room Music
4017 Hickok Road, Interlaken, NY
Tasting Room featuring 5 small-batch artisan Finger Lakes ciders, nestled on Good Life Farm.
Old-school ultra hi-fi multitrack recording, contemporary multi-camera video production, editing, publishing, restoration & transfer of archival audio & video materials including arcane and obsolete formats, flat project rates - no hourly clock-watching.
Events: Who's playing? Where? and When?
There isn't any comprehensive list of upcoming music events. Here are some tips to find out the "where and when":
- If you have a specific musician or venue in mind, find their page on this site, and then go to their respective Facebook pages for primary source info. Be sure to "Like" their pages.
- Check out WVBR's Concert Log calendar.
- Evensi seems to be an aggregator of localized Facebook event data that you may find useful.
- "Dan Smalls Presents" books a few different venues in Ithaca, and they have a calendar on their site.
- For punk, metal, hip-hop, hardcore music, check out Ithaca Underground.
- For folk/acoustic music, The Canaan Institute is the best resource I've found. They have a comprehensive calendar, e-mail newsletter, discussion forums, and tons of other useful content.
- IthacaEvents.com has some live music event listings as well.
- Ithaca Times Events Calendar
I'll post more links to calendars as I discover them.